How to Integrate Google Page Speed API with W3 Total Cache Plugin
PageSpeed Insights measures the performance of a page for mobile and desktop devices. It fetches the URL twice, once with a mobile user-agent, and once with a desktop user-agent.
PageSpeed Insights checks to see if a page has applied common performance best practices and provides a score, which ranges from 0 to 100 points, and falls into one of the following three categories:
- Good: The page applies most performance best practices and should deliver a good user experience.
- Needs work: The page is missing some common performance optimizations that may result in slow user experience. Please investigate the recommendations below.
- Poor: The page is not optimized and is likely to deliver a slow user experience. Please prioritize and apply the recommendations below.
W3TotalCache is the best plugin for wp website that uses cache optimization for improve website speed. this plugin also provides google page speed widget in its dashboard. that show the website speed and analysis result that is helpful for checking website speed.
for use this feature the google page speed API required that is integrated with the domain name to get this API there are some easy steps.take a look towards:-
#1 Open W3TC Dashboard and go to page speed widget
open W#Tc dashboard and go to page speed widget. click on the configure or general setting or go to API_console.
At API_console there is a dashboard like this.
2. Create Project
First using an API create a project.
3. Enable API
Enable API and select and search for Page Speed API.
Select Page Speed API and Enable this.
4. Creat Credentials
After enable create a credential for the API key.
it will provide you an API.
5. OAuth Consent Screen
Click on OAuth Consent Screen and fill all the required details in the given form.
6. Verify Domain
Verify domain name, it can be easily done with search console and google analytics methods.
#4. submit key and check insights
- copy the API key.
- submit this API key into W3TC miscellaneous section. and save this setting.
- again go to the dashboard and check page speed.